Black phantom tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmd

Aquarium Advice Regular
As anyone heard of phantom tetras being nippers? I have lost 2 fish both with tail fins almost completely gone? I have one phantom that guards a log as if it's his own. You think it's him nipping fins? Lfs said were great community fish. I'm not so sure.

I have 3 phantoms, 2 serpae & now just 3 neons. One of those died with fins eaten.

It may have just been fin rot just watch them and see if there is any agression

They hover around log a lot & dart at others at times. Is there something I can do about fin rot? Is it something the others can get from them?

Thanks. I have several spots to hide & lots of plants. I'll see what I have room to add.

You got a pic of your tank u should look up peacock goby they pretty cook

I do but I'll have to see how to attach. Won't let me copy & paste. I'll look those up today.

I use the app version its much easier cause u just press the. + button

How big of a tank do you have and they are good community fish if you have the right stock. They need more like 5 or more in a group for them to be happy and they will nip at flowing fins.

How long have you had the neons? You should try to get some more phantoms and some more neons. But first keep an eye on all your other fish. It might have been your mollies also.

image-3035510276.jpg

Oh wow. Didn't know mollies were nippers! I am looking to get more tetras but ammonia has been high & has now been 0 for about 4-5 days so will add soon. I have a 75 gallon tank.

I've seen mollies chase thing... But it's jmo your tank looks good though

Thanks. It's my first tank so it's been a challenge. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom