Blood parrots breeding??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KKAY27

Aquarium Advice Freak
A few days ago I purchased a blood parrot from petsmart, it doesn't look like a regular blood parrot it has green stripes on it and kind of a peach color! I bought a second parrot from petco it looks like a normal one bright orange and bigger! So I put them in my 65g tank and noticed some odd behavior the small parrot was aggressive toward my other cichlids and would chase them and nip, when I put my new orange parrot in the mean one started to chase the bigger one but it wouldn't nip! A few hours later I noticed the smaller one would turn on its side and the big one would rub underneath it! They did this the rest of the day! Then I noticed the big parrot Is in the cichlid stone and barely comes out! the only time he does is when another fish will swim in front of it and it will kind of nip them away and go back! But I just noticed it is out of the stone it will swim up to the small parrot and gently nip at the underneath of the belly! They have been chasing each other for a while now! My temp is 76 degrees pH normal could they be mating???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sorry best pic I could get

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1412580451304.jpg
    1412580451304.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 59

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom