Breeding angels!!! First time..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heera

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi everyone,
I would like to experience the feeling of Breading angels in my tank. I heard alot of great things. I feel I am ready now.

I have;
10 gallon freshwater tank running with 2 marble angels about 5 months old and 5-6 inch in size. Also have 2 silver and 2 black in another tank about 7 months old. So 6 angels. How old they need to be to ready for mating? Feel free to Share any thoughts.

Do I have to put all 6 in one tank or 2 marble ok to start.

Also have a 25 gallon tank sitting if need be..

I appreciate your comments and thank you in advance..
Heera

I've kept a breeding pair in a 20H and it is pretty tight, definitely not a long term thing. I'd go with a 29g+, and if you plan on putting several fish together to wait for them to form pairs, I'd use a 55g.

The largest I have is 30g. The two I have in 10 gallon are always together. So are they pair??

They are 5 months old and about 5-6 inch (pic).
My friend bought 2 with me on same day with me, but his are like 2.5 inch.

Why are mine growing like crazy? Is this normal?

Attachments

• image-2724735015.jpg
    image-2724735015.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 119
Are you sure they are 5-6" ? That's pretty big even for an adult. Are you talking about length wise or height wise?

There's a few reasons they could be growing faster, if you give them clean water more frequently along with protein heavy feedings and a heated tank (heat raises metabolism which = faster growth) then that could do it.
The growth thing could be genetic or could be due to their aggressiveness to getting the food first..

They are about 5-6 height and front to end is like 4 inchs.
Tank runs at about 76-78f.
But they are pigs for eating. If I even pass by they run crazy back and forth near front glass. I come near they are at the top for food.

Once I tried feeding until they stop. After eating 3 days worth they still wanted more but I stopped.

They're in tank with 3 make guppies but no aggression.

Attachments

• image-4017833286.jpg
    image-4017833286.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 122
If that is a 10g tank in the picture then I can tell you they do not look nearly large enough to breed yet, it will probably be another 4 or 5 months. I would definitely get them into a larger tank ASAP, you don't want them to get their growth stunted, they can get 3 times that large fully grown.

Be careful not to overfeed them, they can get bloated. I feed my juveniles two to three times a day using a high quality pellet.

It doesn't really matter IMO, I don't bother with bare bottom tanks unless I just haven't bothered to put substrate in the tank yet.

I think people prefer them though because they are easier to keep clean?

Back
Top Bottom