How could this happen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cginflorida

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What I thought were clown loach fry in my QT now look very much like rainbowfish.

I moved the 7 rainbowfish out of QT into the 75 gal at the end of September. I first noticed the tiny fry when I moved the clown loaches out of QT into the 75 gal at the end of January.

Do eggs take that long to hatch? I just assumed they were clown loaches, but boy was i wrong! :roll:

Congrats on the rainbow fry. I am not at all surprised that they are not clown loaches....as far as I am aware, clowns need to be around 10" to spawn, and it is unheard of in home aquaria.

congrats, I agree with toirtis. I have only read of one documented of clown loaches being breed in an aquarium. They were both around twelve inches length, and it was a complicated proccess.

I am jealous. I can't wait for my tank to be ready for rainbows. I just have to be patient & let things settle in & get the plants established.

Congrats. What kind are they??

Thanks everybody. Frog girl, they are Australian rainbowfish.

I'm just surprised at how long the eggs must have been in the tank before they hatched. Like I said, the rainbowfish were moved out of the QT tank at the end of September and the fry didn't show up until the end of January.

yeah that does sounds pretty weird when they usually hatch in 7 days or so.

can the eggs be fertilized them dry up like brine shrimp eggs?? and then later be hatched??

It almost sounds like a plants or something was moved into that tank with the eggs already attached.

Back
Top Bottom