how long before she has babies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess she wasnt done.... i think she had almost 20.. eek!! It's a bit hard to see them all but there are some at the bottom of the net too

ForumRunner_20130216_164141.jpg

They're so tiny. I usually let mine out after 2 weeks

Having a Betta with Guppies successfully all depends on the personality of the fish. There is nothing wrong with having a Betta in a community tank if the fish is showing no signs of aggression. I myself have had a Betta in a community with Guppies, Tetras, and Angels with no issues what so ever.

I have always had male betas in community tanks n never had an issue, glad to hear there is somebody else out there that keeps betas in community tanks:)

I've got so many guppies I don't even put the females in the breeding net. But almost all the fry survive on their own which I think is pretty cool

I've had several batches already and none of them have survived. I have plenty of plants and decorations for them to hide in but they never seem to make it. I wonder if it's because i have some danios and they are very fast! So the fry can't get away fast enough

Yeah that's possible. My guppies all have long fancy tails so they're slower than the fry. Even though I have 2 glow light tetras I don't think they eat the fry

Usually when my live breeder are about to drop they go near a bunch of plants and are very still, but you gotta catch them and put them in the breeder tank quickly after that :)

Mine took up to a day to give birth sometimes!

Would always try feeding Momma and if she was hungry I would feed a tiny bit of crumbs during the birth every hour if she was still interested, almost always the mommas were hungry!!!

I have kept a number of males and females in community tanks and everything depends on their personality. One of the meanest Betas I ever owned was a female, tried to KILL anything in reach. She was like a rabid dog. I don't mean chase or scare either!

Good luck and congratulations on the new babies!

I left her in the breeders box for about 4 hours, she must have had 25 little ones! So i let her back out with the others. I think i need to pick up a couple more females though because I've noticed some of my females tails are getting nipped. I thought i had more females then i do... i have abut 5 males and 8 females

Back
Top Bottom