How to get danios to spawn ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hobgob said:
Any luck yet?

Not yet ... I actually just put them back together last night after doing a water change . Been feeding them frozen blood worms for a while also . Nothing as of this morning . Quite aggravating :(

Gosh that's strange my spawn constantly, it seem like all I have to do is flick the light on in the morning and they spawn.your sure you have males and females? They mate for life so if they are new fish they might just be getting used to each other and getting over the loss of there previous mates. It will take sometime but they will learn to love each other.

Dizzydea said:
Gosh that's strange my spawn constantly, it seem like all I have to do is flick the light on in the morning and they spawn.your sure you have males and females? They mate for life so if they are new fish they might just be getting used to each other and getting over the loss of there previous mates. It will take sometime but they will learn to love each other.

Yeah still nothing . I just don't think they are going to , not sure what else I can do ...
I'm pretty sure I have at least 2 males ... The others are significantly fatter and rounder with eggs :(

Do you have any good pictures of your brood stock?

Hobgob said:
Do you have any good pictures of your brood stock?

I couldn't get any good pics because they love so fast . Here's a link to a short video I just took though .

Lol I would almost say that those are all ladies, I have the exact same ones and my boys don't have fat tummies what so ever. How I tell is when I first get them I size em up and see how big they are and when I start to condition them the females get big tummies and the males stay the same. To me it looks that all your fish have big bellies now you just need a couple fellows.

Dizzydea said:
Lol I would almost say that those are all ladies, I have the exact same ones and my boys don't have fat tummies what so ever. How I tell is when I first get them I size em up and see how big they are and when I start to condition them the females get big tummies and the males stay the same. To me it looks that all your fish have big bellies now you just need a couple fellows.

I guess that's the easiest explanation why they won't spawn lol
I thought 2 were male because they are more streamlined and skinnier . I guess it won't hurt to try and get a few more and see what happens

I would say they are female also. Although I have need spawned danios before. They all have the female shape to them. But they do look like they have a full belly. Do any of them seem to have some flaws in them. Maybe a couple are less colourful. You could try and see if the lfs would trade them...

Back
Top Bottom