Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 06-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
abbly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Timmins ON, Canada
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgob
Any luck yet?
Not yet ... I actually just put them back together last night after doing a water change . Been feeding them frozen blood worms for a while also . Nothing as of this morning . Quite aggravating

__________________
abbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Dizzydea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 455
Gosh that's strange my spawn constantly, it seem like all I have to do is flick the light on in the morning and they spawn.your sure you have males and females? They mate for life so if they are new fish they might just be getting used to each other and getting over the loss of there previous mates. It will take sometime but they will learn to love each other.
__________________
Dizzydea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
abbly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Timmins ON, Canada
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzydea
Gosh that's strange my spawn constantly, it seem like all I have to do is flick the light on in the morning and they spawn.your sure you have males and females? They mate for life so if they are new fish they might just be getting used to each other and getting over the loss of there previous mates. It will take sometime but they will learn to love each other.
Yeah still nothing . I just don't think they are going to , not sure what else I can do ...
I'm pretty sure I have at least 2 males ... The others are significantly fatter and rounder with eggs
__________________
abbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Dizzydea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 455
Try getting a couple more and see what happens
__________________
Dizzydea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:29 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Hobgob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,893
Do you have any good pictures of your brood stock?
__________________
Hobgob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
abbly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Timmins ON, Canada
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgob
Do you have any good pictures of your brood stock?
I couldn't get any good pics because they love so fast . Here's a link to a short video I just took though .
__________________
abbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:33 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Dizzydea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 455
Lol I would almost say that those are all ladies, I have the exact same ones and my boys don't have fat tummies what so ever. How I tell is when I first get them I size em up and see how big they are and when I start to condition them the females get big tummies and the males stay the same. To me it looks that all your fish have big bellies now you just need a couple fellows.
__________________
Dizzydea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:26 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
abbly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Timmins ON, Canada
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzydea
Lol I would almost say that those are all ladies, I have the exact same ones and my boys don't have fat tummies what so ever. How I tell is when I first get them I size em up and see how big they are and when I start to condition them the females get big tummies and the males stay the same. To me it looks that all your fish have big bellies now you just need a couple fellows.
I guess that's the easiest explanation why they won't spawn lol
I thought 2 were male because they are more streamlined and skinnier . I guess it won't hurt to try and get a few more and see what happens
__________________
abbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:47 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Hobgob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,893
I would say they are female also. Although I have need spawned danios before. They all have the female shape to them. But they do look like they have a full belly. Do any of them seem to have some flaws in them. Maybe a couple are less colourful. You could try and see if the lfs would trade them...
__________________
Hobgob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
danio, danios, spawn

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.