Is my Garra Rufa (doctor fish) PREGNANT?? HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SteffeyJ

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently got a new garra rufa (doctor fish) and there isnt much info out there on them, besides the whole foot spa thing.. there is almost zero info I can find for having them in the hobby... and the one I got... has a LARGE belly and is ALWAYS eating!!
How do i know if it is pregnant??
Any help??
I've tried to add a picture and tried to cover up the reflection of the tank showing 2 garra's lol.
Also, ignore the unsightly bamboo roots, they've overgrown outside of the suction dish I started them in!
Having a hard time uploading pic tho..
But am hoping SOMEONE can help me!!
Thank you!!!

Attachments

• 20210708_001059.jpg
    20210708_001059.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 61
It sounds like the fish can really produce young in good numbers. Watch for eggs maybe even after a good sized water change. No experience with these specifically. But they like natural environments like all those roots!!! Good luck for some fry. Think about what you can feed them. Fry food, powdered shrimp food, boiled egg yolk, baby brine shrimp and so on!

I have some powdered food for shrimplets and bacterAE... also have some crushed up flakes that I made into a powder.. think any of those would be ok??

I've also seen 'hikari first bites'
Maybe I will buy some of that... just in case.
;)
I really think she is pregnant.
I've never seen one so large of belly that wasnt!! Lol.
But thank you!! I would be very excited to see some babies!! Just couldn't find any info other than about foot spas!! So thank you again! :)

Back
Top Bottom