Molly fry please help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cooleo589

Aquarium Advice Regular
My molly had babies last night and I didn't even know she was ready so I didn't have her in a breeding trap or anything. Now the babies are swimming around with 3 adult mollies. How should I go about protecting the babies and caring for them? Thank you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You should try the best you can to get them out of there asap because they'll get eaten.

I am at school now so if I wait till the end of the day do you think there will be some left?

I don't know. Maybe 10. I have a big leafed plant they were hiding in when I left and they were hiding in the gravel.

You'll be lucky if you come home to 3-5. Do you have anything you can put them in? It's good they have things to hide in though.

I can find a container of some sort when I get home

I can find a container of some sort when I get home

I think that should be alright for now. But you need a breeding box of some sort soon because they need to be somewhere warm and where water conditions suit them (i.e the cycled tank or another tank of some sort with a heater in it.) do a little research of your own and you're gonna wanna feed them up to 3 times a day. I think there's special food for newborn fry and then you can start feeding them grounded fish flakes. Provide pictures when you get home later man. They're probably so cute :)

I will!! I hope there are some left!!

Some of my fry

Attachments

• 1423415875916.jpg
    1423415875916.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 53
Awww so cute ? here's my babies they are week old guppies

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423418635.846298.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423418635.846298.jpg