My Rams laid eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ericstanks

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have two Electric Blue Ram cichlids in my 20 gallon community tank, and a few hours ago I discovered they were guarding some eggs that are sitting in a depression in one of my decorations. I've never bred cichlids, or any fish for that matter, what should I do?

Attachments

• IMG_0482.jpg
    IMG_0482.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 55
If you can't remove the eggs and artificially hatch then they will likely be eaten.Let the parents do their thing now and see how it goes.The parents are the most likely to eat the eggs as new parents.Many pairs need several spawns before they get it close to right.
If they hatch the others in tanks will likely stress the parents into eating them or will eat them themselves..
I offer a terra cotta pot bottom[tray] for the rams to lay eggs on.Place it right where they laid them sfter this is over and hopefully they will use it.
Then we discuss artificially hatching....:cool:
Nice looking EBR...(y)

If you can't remove the eggs and artificially hatch then they will likely be eaten.Let the parents do their thing now and see how it goes.The parents are the most likely to eat the eggs as new parents.Many pairs need several spawns before they get it close to right.
If they hatch the others in tanks will likely stress the parents into eating them or will eat them themselves..
I offer a terra cotta pot bottom[tray] for the rams to lay eggs on.Place it right where they laid them sfter this is over and hopefully they will use it.
Then we discuss artificially hatching....:cool:
Nice looking EBR...(y)

Thanks, believe it or not both of them are from petco. Considering the bumblebee gobies I have the fry will likely get eaten

Back
Top Bottom