New Bolivian Rams refuses to eat...is there a way to wean them to eat flakes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BolivianRams

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am trying to get a pair going and currently have 2 males and 2 females in the same tank. I recently purchased the females, they looks healthy and are swimming pretty well. However, it's been a week and I haven't really seen any of the females eating the flakes. I think they might be part wild so they don't know what flakes are. How can I get them to eat flakes? Should I go to the store and buy some live worms or brine shrimps in the mean time? I don't want them to die.

Oh and the tank is 16 gallons very nicely decorated with plants and driftwoods with multiple spawning sites. All of them do defend their own territories so I don't think that is an issue, I will remove the extras once a pair has formed.

Feed a variety of foods until you find something that they're definitely eating. After that, try mixing in some flakes at feeding.

Feed a variety of foods until you find something that they're definitely eating. After that, try mixing in some flakes at feeding.

+1. Try live or freeze dried black or blood worms. Rams love them! Then like Jim said, start slowly adding flake. They'll learn to recognize it as food pretty quickly. Variety and quality in their food are important, especially if you would like to breed them.

Back
Top Bottom