perfect food for fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yep XD I have seen some prego koi and it looks like a big water balloon that if you breathed wrong you could make them pop XD. yea and it was just my female albino that laid the eggs I call her puggy

Last edited:
well I have 20 emerald cory fry since my emeralds have finally paired off. I have some albinos also not as many though havnt been trying and I always catch the egg laying process to late. I do have some awesome pics of an awesome product that I just started to use for my cloudy water and well that got really bad. not that I wasn't cleaning it or changing the water I just think it was due to where I live its humid and just always have had cloudy water. except in my 40g when it was mature but I had to do a major clean out do to the parasites so the bacteria are slowly growing back but not quickly. I haven't gotten the dosage right for the 30g but on the others as you can tell yes XD. this product is basically the good bacteria you need in your aquarium especially if you want a clear water. you just put in the required amount of drops 1 a day or as needed. you don't need to move the fish not even shrimp are harmed by it. you don't even have to turn off bubblers and filtration. its called acurelf. it cost around 10 dollars for the 50ml large size but for what it does which is work not lying view my photo gallery to see the difference and then you will see. and the reason that my 30g was clear in my previous pics was because of how long ago that was and it was newly establish and I mean the cloudiness had gotten so bad I was running out of options. it wasn't due to paracits or the sand because I moved the bubblers and limited their sand areas. this is just because of the colonization of bacteria got so low in my tanks cause when I cleaned the filter cartridges I used tap water and ended up killing the bacteria every time. that is why I was thinking it had to be a bacteria problem due to my stupidity. SO DONT CLEAN YOUR FILTER CARTRIDGES WITH TAP OR ELSE YOU GET MAJOR CLOUDINESS TO THE POINT YOU CANT SEE THE BACK OF YOUR TANK EVEN WITH A FLASH LIGHT. please save your self this headache but if your in this same boat this will help a lot.

Last edited:
10 g I have 6 neons, 10 glass shrimp, 2 panda corys, 2 banded corys, and 2 small algae eaters.

30ish g 12 danios, 4 mosquito fish more to come, 3 leopard corys, 20 emerald and 4 albino cory fry in pen, albino eggs in pen, and 4 emerald corys.

40g 3 albino corys, 4 albino cory fry 1 month old in pen, 3 tiger barbs, 3 white cloud skirt tetras, 2 golden dojos, and 2 regular dojo loaches.

Last edited:
YES finally I have at least a 3 month Cory offspring of my emeralds it was actually a shock I found today. I just wasn't having to much luck with the albino fry and I haven't been trying to breed them but I looked in my 10g and to my surprise there it was. beautiful weight and color. what I think happened was that on my last batch I accidently sucked it up when I was cleaning the hanging pen and put it in the 10g cause of shrimp since they don't mind eating the fish leftovers. it has survived cause the neons don't eat them and the shrimp don't either. well I think I have found the secret to keeping these guys alive though I don't know if the albinos can do the same but I still have leopard, albino, and emerald fry that I will transfer to the 10 slowly and move the floating pens closer so current gets in the pens.

Congrats ... Mine are having a break from breeding , I think they are waiting for my husband to make a move building their new bigger tank ;)

cool I cant wait to see it and mine are taking a break too because of the weather down here we had a cold spike.

that's great I wish u the best of luck and I have 8 corys that are going to new homes soon and some mosquito fry. I also have Danios fry that will go to new homes once they get bigger then the new Cory fry I have.

on the 24th Jan i had 10 hatch i think 7 are still with us they are great little hiders . and today 14 have hatched from the few eggs i saved. here's a pic of one of the January babies. he's about 1.5 cm .

ForumRunner_20140219_114922.jpg

that's cool all the babies went to my lfs and soon to new homes XD. but there is still a lot of babies from 3 new batches. the Danios are just transferring to the 10g and its like 2 at a time XD. I have learned that once they get big enough that you can see their tail fins that I put them in the 10g and they grow out better.

yea I looked into the 10g with the breeding gourami's and I saw 50 or more free swimming gourami fry. dad is guarding them well and he isn't to aggressive towards the female because he will just bump her in her side and she goes back to her cave. I will get a pic of the tank soon. and when the babies aren't the size of a needles head I will get pics of them XD.

Back
Top Bottom