Please help swordtail fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EndlersEatGuppies

Aquarium Advice Addict
Are swordtails easy to breed or are they hard to breed. Also include everything u know if u can please. Thanks :);)

easy.put a guy and a girl(preferably 2-3 girls to a guy)together,wait,and when the girls start looking fatter,you can either move them to a breeder net/tank or let nature take its course,and in a while,baby swordtails.

alLexX said:
easy.put a guy and a girl(preferably 2-3 girls to a guy)together,wait,and when the girls start looking fatter,you can either move them to a breeder net/tank or let nature take its course,and in a while,baby swordtails.

Ok thanks for that info. Does anybody else know anything??? :D

They're livebearers, so its really just as easy as putting males and females together. I recommend 3 females to 1 male. I don't like Using the breeding nets because I think it stresses the mother fish out. I simply catch the fry when I see them and put them into the breeding net so they can grow up in there.

herp_mommy said:
They're livebearers, so its really just as easy as putting males and females together. I recommend 3 females to 1 male. I don't like Using the breeding nets because I think it stresses the mother fish out. I simply catch the fry when I see them and put them into the breeding net so they can grow up in there.

Alright thanks so much. On a scale are they EASY MEDIUM or HARD to breed??? :):D:)

Let me put it this way.

If you have males and females you can't not breed them.

Also lyretail males are effectively sterile, they are physically unable to mate.

Frognugget said:
Let me put it this way.

If you have males and females you can't not breed them.

Also lyretail males are effectively sterile, they are physically unable to mate.

So it's easy medium or hard

Fishman13 said:
So it's easy medium or hard

Easy. You've already been given the answer. If you have males and females together, they will breed.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

Back
Top Bottom