Tiger barb breeding??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big-j

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok I just got a school of seven tiger barbs about a week and a half ago and I keep seeing two swim so close their pectoral fins are touching, this occurs while they swim rapidly and jerkily around the tank, quite different from their standard smooth but still fast style of swimming. I am wondering if this is indicative of breeding behavior and if it's not what should I be looking for?

No clue, there's not alot of difference between the sexes but I have seven so there's at least one pair

If it's two males ... you'll see more red on the fins .... they could going at each other to establish dominance of the shoal. I see it with mine all the time. They'll face each other with all their fins fully displayed and look like they're circling each other.

Yeah I haven't seen that these two were beside each other with their fins touching as they darted around, no facing each other or circling just swimming very close together in a style significantly different from their usual way of swimming

Back
Top Bottom