YAY new fry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tkmaune

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
2nd times a charm :fish2:
My yellow lab was holding for the second time.
The first time she didn't stick through it but she did this time!
We welcomed around 15 baby fry yesterday! I'm so excited. :D

Attachments

• 100_0327.jpg
    100_0327.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 100_0329.jpg
    100_0329.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 124
  • 100_0302.jpg
    100_0302.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 117
  • 100_0295.jpg
    100_0295.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 124
I know. I stopped everything and just looked at them for a while! :) I can stare at them for hours. They are so cute with huge eyeballs

isnt that an albino RZ or greshekai? i thought it was a pretty lab male, but its just the head seems a bit chunky lol :)

but i adore the fry. especially the really stripey ones! x

tkmaune said:
I know. I stopped everything and just looked at them for a while! :) I can stare at them for hours. They are so cute with huge eyeballs

I do that too! It's so fun!!

I'll try to get a better picture. He loves the camera. In the mean time can anybody tell me what this African this boy is? When he was little he was bright blue with black stripes. Now he's turned light blue and has gotten a lot of yellow.

Attachments

• 100_0311.jpg
    100_0311.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 95
So one of my baby fry got the short end of the stick and I just noticed today [there's so many] It's little tail fin go's straight up its almost L shaped.
I feel so bad for it. It manages to swim around and still eat thank god. I don't know what to do though.

tkmaune said:
So one of my baby fry got the short end of the stick and I just noticed today [there's so many] It's little tail fin go's straight up its almost L shaped.
I feel so bad for it. It manages to swim around and still eat thank god. I don't know what to do though.

Poor fish yellow labs egg layer or mouth brooders?

Mouth Brooder.
She was looking miserable for about a month. She couldn't eat or anything.
She's definitely happy now that she can eat again haha

tkmaune said:
Mouth Brooder.
She was looking miserable for about a month. She couldn't eat or anything.
She's definitely happy now that she can eat again haha

How'd you strip her of her eggs? Sound like she had it rough!

Fishie said:
How'd you strip her of her eggs? Sound like she had it rough!

All u have to do is pinch there cheeks and they will spit out the babys u don't wanna strip the eggs because they will die

got-to-love-Chiclids said:
All u have to do is pinch there cheeks and they will spit out the babys u don't wanna strip the eggs because they will die

You can strip the eggs and they won't die, but you have to have an egg tumbler. Breeders often strip and tumble eggs to maximize survival and profits. It is tricky because the flow has to be just right and different species eggs have different flow requirements. I used to dabble in breeding ruby reds and another african I can't recall the name of and had great success with stripping and tumbling.

Back
Top Bottom