Aquarium Advice Logo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HUKIT

Aquarium Advice Addict
With the drastic impact that the Pterois volitans is having on the ecosystems in the South Florida Estuaries, the Gulf of Mexico, the Caribbean Sea, and soon to be Central and South America is this really the best choice for a logo? While I have no direct interest in salt water aquaria I'm extremely interested and concerned in the preservation of our natural ecosystems, especially the since there is not a continent on earth whose waters and fishes have not been affected by the devastation and destruction caused from deforestation, pollution, agrochemical run-off, overfishing, global warming, political unrest, and invasive species. There are thousands of better suited fish to be the Aquarium Advice mascot but in my opinion the Pterois volitans isn't one of them, I'm sure others feel the same way.

Last edited:
Yeah, like that madagascan cichlid (name is slipping me) that the london zoo is searching for, a female if i remember correctly. Help raise awareness!

Good point about the volitan HUKIT

Yeah, like that madagascan cichlid (name is slipping me) that the london zoo is searching for, a female if i remember correctly. Help raise awareness!

Good point about the volitan HUKIT

Ptychochromis insolitus, The International Union for Conservation of Nature is searching but I don't think it's going to end well. :( It doesn't need to be a Cichlid but if it was then probably Pterophyllum scalare would be a great choice since it's the world's most easily recognizable cichlid out there.

Last edited:
Agreed... I'd like to see s different logo myself. I think the angelfish is a great choice..

Or something with more than just a fish for example a globe with say an aquatic plant in the middle of it and a snail a coral and a fish all around it or something like that. Since this isn't a fish only forum. I do like the lionfish though they taste good wrapped in bacon.

I disagree with changing the logo. A logo is like a mascot, and I don't think it should ever change.

HUKIT, I respect your opinion, and I know you are very knowledgeable, but I algree, it looks more like a Dwarf Fuzzy Lionfish.
The only way to know for sure is to contact someone higher up I guess.

Thank you for the commentary. Changing the logo is a decision only the owner can make.

I have closed this one as it has served its purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom