Continue the photo contests?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
In the last few months its been like pulling teeth to get enteries for the SW, and FW photo contests. The SW contest was to start yesterday and as of this point we have 1 entry.

What are we to do?

Trust me, if I could shoot like you guys, I would have alot of entries.

I say keep it. I am going to try to get some more good pics, and start submitting some. :wink:

I agree that we should keep them. I wish more people entered. I love seeing those beautiful pictures. I have another idea to add... I was thinking maybe once a year we could have a best of the best contest. Maybe take all the winning photos and have a contest with them. Maybe the prize could be a larger number of kudos or an aquarium advice t-shirt or something... just an idea.

I'm still trying to get a single photo contest started at www.reptileadvice.com and can't seem to get enough people interested.

Like I said, I vote for keeping them but if someone out there knows why we have trouble getting people involved and/or what we can do to help it, please let us all know...

I agree we should keep them.

I think peope need to have more confidence in their photography skills. Doesn't matter how good your camera is - if the picture is good, it's going to be obvious no matter what camera you use.

Also, I am not sure if people are voting on quality or just which photo they like the most - as it's supposed to be which photo you like the most for whatever reason it is.

Please don't feel imtimidated and not submit a photo.

I was thinking maybe once a year we could have a best of the best contest. Maybe take all the winning photos and have a contest with them. Maybe the prize could be a larger number of kudos or an aquarium advice t-shirt or something... just an idea.

I'll buy the first shirt. This way it won't cost the site any money.

this may sound stupid but where would i post my pictures for the SW contest?

I think we have found the problem. One suggestion is to have a link on the home page "Photo Contest". That would take you to the rules and a link for submitting a photo. Maybe three submitting links, SW,FW and OT.

Just a suggestion

I would say make a sticky in the freshwater and marine general forums for the contests. People really overlook them where they are.

Whoops, submitted before I was done... There are some infrequently used stickies that could go and easily be removed and replaced with the photo contest. People post good pics all the time in thread, but totally forget about the contest.

Oct contest was finished the first part of Oct ;)

If you get it in quick, you've got time, I had planned on putting up the poll for the SW contest in a few hours. FW contest won't start for about a week.

I think there is alot of intrest in the photo contests, and I would sure like to become a regular submitter, but it is a bit confusing as to how to enter, where to enter, when to enter, etc. I think a link to the thread posted on the home page that says something like:

ANOUNCING THE OCTOBER SALTWATER CONTEST!

Enteries due by October 15th. click HERE to see rules.

That way its simple, you are constantly reminded when the due date is, you are reminded that the contest is ready to go, etc.

Heck, I would have submitted for the october contest but I didn't know when it was due and I kept forgetting to check.

It deserves more attention on the home page I think.

anyways, I will be sure to get one to you guys for November!!!!

Back
Top Bottom