Delete posts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea, at the end of the thread just say mods delete this post. Then flag it to get our attention, and it should be dealth with shortly.

Not always. Some forums we dont allow edits. We have our reasons depending on what forum your in for this.

Deleting posts can really screw up a thread. If one of the "key" posts is deleted it could make the thread seem really strange. People will quote parts of a post or talk about something that is in the post...and if it is not there, well you can see where that will lead...LOL

If it is the first post in a thread I think if they delete it, that will kill the whole thread. Not too sure.

I have seen it happen on many forums. I would think that if you may have posted something in error you would re-post a retraction to clear it up. If it is something that you didn't want to post and did so by accident, then I would talk to the Admins about it and they probably can do something for you. It would probably be best to just have them delete the entire thread.

Sparky

Back
Top Bottom