Forum upgrade in process

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
We are in the middle of a major forum upgrade. I have opened the forums temporarly.

Things may or may not work as expected. Stay tuned for more updates as the day goes on.

Your problem. Verify the date on your PC is actually correct. Also look in the profile and see where the time is being pulled from. The site now has the ability to pull time/date info directly from your pc.

I'm not sure if the "Watch this topic for replies" is working. It does not change to "Stop watching this topic" as it did in the past.

I for one want to thank you for the immense amount of time you are taking to make AA better! All of the upgrades will be great I am sure. Looking forward to all of them!

At this time the bookmarked topics are not available.

There are a few other items that are not on this new version aswell. The reason is fairly simple. The inital programming of this site occured over a time period of about two years starting 3 years ago. over that time period features (mods) where created by people on the internet for the then current version of our message board software. Over the course of the last 3 years this software has gone thru some 20 releases to fix bugs and increase security. Over those many releases certin features stopped working with the newer releases and or the developers for those features just stopped supporting them and the code dissipeared. I havent looked hard for a current version of the bookmarking feature as I honestly didnt belive it was used.

For information about some of the new features see the site help forum. New messages will be posted over the comming days.

At this time kudos are not on the schedule to come back because the version of the system that kept track of kudos was very old and antiquated for the current version of the site. There is no modern feature that does what kudos did. All of them expand beyond simple point collection and giving.

I noticed you took the age of posters off just below View My Gallery. Couldn't you keep it and just have people option to have it on there? I liked it personally even if I am pushing 40 ;)

I was curious if the "time of last visit" feature is gone, or coming back. Thanks!

Please explain what you mean by teime of last visit. On the home page after logging in it tells you when you last visited as well as on the forum index.

"Time of last visit"

This was a feature on a person's profile page, that stated the last time that person was on line at AA. It seems to have disappeared from the profile page.

I was wondering if I'm imagining this, or if it did disappear, and if it will be back.

Thanks!

Its gone and for all intensive purposes it wont be back as that feature is not compatible with the current release of this software.

Back
Top Bottom