helllllooooo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

every time i post a new topic it doesn't come up.. it dissapears. I even posted a question in the site help/feedback forum and that one disapeared to... so im testing the waters.. is this topic here????

the other topic i posted was a really long one about how my 10 gallon tank crashed and how it happend and the risks of overstocking. And im not spending the time to type it again when i don't even know if it will post or not.

it doesnt show up in the actually forum or under your watched topics? this has been happening to me aswell. my post doesnt show up untill i post in it again sometimes. this ha been hapening since they made the stupid changes to the site. i was just used to every thing then BAM they change it on it lol

yes thanks JC... see what happend is for some reason its not watching the topic when i post a new thread. I guess i have to click watch topic even if im the one who posted it. finally figured that out.. lol.

Jchillin said:
That's good. When I first read the post, I thought you meant that the posts were disappearing somehow.

thats what i thought, i would look for them and couldn't find them and i finally found them and realized i wasn't watching them :roll: i guess thats part of the new site changes... like when everyone's signatures 'dissapeared' adn i had to choose to view them.

There is a setting in the profile page - the third one down in the Preferences block. It says "Always notify me of replies". Put a check mark here and see if that option works the way you want it. Then you shouldn't have to checkmark each post individually.

An t-iasg said:
There is a setting in the profile page - the third one down in the Preferences block. It says "Always notify me of replies". Put a check mark here and see if that option works the way you want it. Then you shouldn't have to checkmark each post individually.

i do have that checked. when i reply to a post it watches it automatically but when i post a new THREAD.. where im the one who started it.. i have to click to watch the topic.

This is a known bug. It will get fixed eventually. Regretfully I have a full time job that must take first priority. I guess everyone does not appricate the 3 months of work that I did spending every spair moment of my life in redoing/updating the site.

I personally haven't had any real problems with the site since the changes. I do appreciate the time you have spent making the changes. I don't know how you have found the time to do it all. I have received immeasurable help from the people here at AA. I live here at times it seems. Not that I am addicted or anything. :lol:

mr funktastic said:
this ha been hapening since they made the stupid changes to the site.

That was exceptionally rude and uncalled for. Not to mention very unappreciative. I would like to point out the option of finding another site to visit if you find this one so unappealing.

I love the site changes and think it makes it easier to navigate. Huge props to everyone who assisted in the upgrades.

i think the site changes are wonderful and i fully appreciate all the work that is done. I was just merely trying to find out what was happening and now that i do it is no longer a problem.

fishfreek said:
It will get fixed eventually. Regretfully I have a full time job that must take first priority. I guess everyone does not appricate the 3 months of work that I did spending every spair moment of my life in redoing/updating the site.

This site is something your doing for the hobbiest comunity, Thank you. 8)

I might add that not only does aaron have a full time job but at the same time he was doing php development for this site for the bennifit of this hobby other sites were paying CASH money to php devolpers do add content to there sites.. Please be kind when refering to the work he has done.
thank you. :D

fishfreek said:
Thank you all for your supporting words.

They are well desierved. This site would not be near the resorce it is without the current adminitstration. :p

yes that includes you too Kevin. :p

Back
Top Bottom