Just curious

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlk

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone! I am just curious why there isnt a seperate topic for goldfish as there is for cichlids? They are not tropical fish and I believe they deserve their due respect. Is there not a strong enough goldfish membership base/following? Thanks!!
jessica

Cichlid is pretty common and I guess a lot of people have a lot. Not a lot of people have problems with goldfish. (Just a guess!) only certain fish discussion out though no platy discussion or anything.

jlk said:
Hi everyone! I am just curious why there isnt a seperate topic for goldfish as there is for cichlids? They are not tropical fish and I believe they deserve their due respect. Is there not a strong enough goldfish membership base/following? Thanks!!
jessica

I think it would be a great to have a separate section for goldfish! Their needs vary from tropicals so why shouldn't there be a section just for them.

Fishie said:
Cichlid is pretty common and I guess a lot of people have a lot. Not a lot of people have problems with goldfish. (Just a guess!) only certain fish discussion out though no platy discussion or anything.

I'd have to disagree. There are a lot of people coming to this forum with incorrectly stocked goldfish tanks with health problems. I'm coming across multiple new threads daily.

Reactions: jlk
Typically the divisions of the community are content driven. When a subject takes on a critical mass the site staff discusses breaking it off into its own section. The "build it and they will come" approach doesn't work well and leaves a lot of small sections that get underutilized.

Back
Top Bottom