Netting Fundraiser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=3901&highlight=

In this post Hara tells us about a program that is trying to buy fish nets for the fish collectors to try and eradicate cyanide caught fish. AquariumAdvice.com is 100% behind this program!! To show our support, we are asking you to show your support :wink: From 5/27/03 until 6/2/03 any donations made to AquariumAdvice.com will then be donated to the cause. Anyone donating during this period will have their account upgraded to Aquarium Advice Alumni status, which includes more gallery space, as well as more upload space and an email forward yournickname@aquariumadvice.com . This is a cause that will increase quality of fish you can get, as well as saving our coral reefs. So open up your wallets and show some real support for the hobby, you will be preserving the hobby for yourself and your children.

[center:b17056a794]Click hear to make a donation to AquariumAdvice.com[/center:b17056a794]

To show everyone how serious I am about this project at the end of the week when all the aquarium advice donations are tallied Im gonna toss $20 of my own funds toward the fundraser.

There have been numberious debates on this site about net caught fish, tank rased fish and cyanide caught fish. In many of those debates many of you have voice your opinion that cyanide use is not only wrong but its unethical. This is one of the easiet ways us hobbiests can acutally begin to make a difference.

Sure economic pressure from educated hobbists not buying from stores that knowingly purchase cyanide caught fish will SLOWLY begin to lower the use this is going to have a direct effect and thus make end result arrive faster.

Thru out the week we will update this thread daily to provide an upto date tally of the current weeks dontations.

Remember every penny that we recive in donations for the period of 5/27/03 until 6/2/03 will go directly to this cause.

Great Idea Guys!!!

When you gather all of your donations and submit them, tell me the total and I'll put an Aquarium Advice banner on the web page that is being created to track the project.

Mary
Net Fund Organizer

Gee that makes a double donater 8O

I donated at fundafriend yesterday and I donated to AA today before reading Kevin's generous offer :D

BUMP!.gif

Currently we have $25 in donations toward this fund.

This is a good cause, if you've got a few dollars to spend, spend it on this, to reiterate all donations made to the site this week will go to the net fund and your account will still be upgraded to Alumni status.

Very generous Hoops!! Thanks Tim!! You guys are great!!

Imagine a day when all fish are net caught!! With every donation we are a little closer to that day, keep it up folks!!

Currently we are at $75 in donations this week and they are all earmarked for the netting fundraser.

Only 1 day left. Lets try to bump that ammount to something over $100.

Right now they are setting at $2,460.00 of the $3,000 needed. It sure will feel good to be able to take a decent chunk out of the remaining $540 needed.

Ok folks we are so close to our goal of $100 I can almost taste it. At this point have only $5 more to go to reach our goal. We have another 6 hours left to accept donations for the netting fund. Tommorow we will be sending the monies collected over the past week to the Netting Fund.

This a an excellent cause to help put an end to the use of cyanide to collect wild saltwater fish. Using nets is not only safer on the fish but its also safer on the coral reefs. Help protect our wonderful coral reefs for future generations of not only hobbists but also those who desire to visit and expernce first hand one of the wonders of the world, the coral reef.

I would like to take this time and thank everyone who made a donation last week to Aquarium Advice. Thru your generosity we managed to collect $125 in donations last week. Once some of the final payments have cleared the bank we will be transferring this money to the netting fund.

According to their website they are still short of their $3000 goal but this will defiantly help close the gap.

KUDOS to everyone who donated.

If anyone did not have a chance to donate you can go to www.reefnut.com and donate.

The administrator is going to match the members of the site total donation up to 100 dollars. So if you want to see your donation doubled that is the place to do it.

YIPPIE!

According to the fund a friend website the goal has been reached. Thanks to everyone who donated here and to those who donated directly.

they reached their goal

checked out the site the other night and they are no longer taking donations they made their goal (y) :multi:

Back
Top Bottom