Old posted pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Super_Blueberry

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I noticed that my 'storage' for attached photos is nearing 100% , so I went back to old posts, some from 2 years ago, to delete old pictures I posted, but can't.

Is there a way to remove those old photos that are not needed and taking up space?? Does an admin have to do it for me?

Thanks!

Hi there,
We actually do not delete attachments as it messes up the continuity of threads. Many threads are still used even if there aren't new posts, and deleting pics can make those posts not make sense.

There are a few options for continuing to upload pics:

1. Become a supporting member. You will get significantly more attachment space. In the end server space costs money, so that is one of the benefits you get as a supporting member. More info can be found by clicking the supporting member badge under my user name.

2. Upload photos to your albums here on AA, and use an IMG tag to display the photos inline in posts. You can find albums under your profile in the right column.

3. Utilize a site like photobucket or flickr and display the photos inline in a thread by using an IMG tag.

Back
Top Bottom