The Chat Room is Back!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As far as I know I am, hopefully if it lets me back in there I will make sure I log out properlly and then I hope that will be the end of my problems :)

I went into the chat room a week or so ago to check it out. Thought I logged out of it correctly, but can't get in now. Same problem...already logged in.

Lindsay had the same problem. Were you logged in at a different PC?

Yeah I'm gonna talk to Techadmin (thanks for reminding me, forgot sorry!) about seeing if we can purge everyone out of the room and make a note somewhere to make sure you hit the X on the chat box to log out, instead of just closing the window. I finally got back in after a few hours, dunno what happened.

cccapt, I sent a PM to Tech Admin and see if we can get everyone who is a ghost in the room now, out of the room. The same thing happened to me too. I logged in from work and couldn't get on either. Took a few hours, and I tried logging in from home and it worked fine. After that I just started logging out with the X button and haven't had problems since.

I'll update this thread when I get a reply back from Tech Admin.

How's the fix progressing? I'm certain now that there is ghost user of me logged in to the chat room. I think I probably logged in at work and didn't log out correctly (my boss was approaching and I just closed the browser... :p) Anyway, haven't been able to get in for several days now...

Sahabo - I believe that I managed to evict your ghost login. Please give it a try again when you get the chance.

Sahabo was able to join us in the chat room this evening, so it appears that I was able to sucessfully remove the ghost. I removed all users that appeared to be ghosts, so you should be able get back in now.

I try and get in every night. It takes me a bit of time to weed through my emails and the new posts here so I don't get on right away.

I was just thinking that it would be cool to see who or how many people are in the chat room without having to log into it.

I, too, would like to see more people in there!

you can still catch me in #aquariumadvice on fdfnet, but other than popping in from time to time, I don't use the flashchat often.

Good idea James, or at least a time out for inactivity...?

Under quick links, Cat. Fourth one down; Flash Chat :)

Dave

Back
Top Bottom