Why did you lock my post

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Because a respondant's response violated the UA, and when the warning post was edited in, things began to get out of hand. Besides, Your fish had passed, and there was no way to give you a definitive answer to your question.

mematrix said:
my killey had a strok/seziure

Back to the topic at hand (sorry, I've been away for the week and have not been keeping up on all the posts): yes, it is certainly possible for a fish to have a seizure. However, there is nothing you could have done to help the Killi since you could not have seen it coming. Someone mentioned they had an angelfish freak out when they turned on the aquarium light. While that probably was not a seizure, it is not unknown for light to trigger a response like that. Your description sounds like the light was already on and everything was as normal, right?

Post-seizure, the most important thing is to let the fish rest undisturbed and subdue the lighting. When I say "undisturbed" I mean don't even move them to a quarantine tank, I mean move everyone else out if it comes to that. There are medications available, although none "OTC" to the aquarium hobbyist.

Personally I think It was just a bit of humor. Maybe a little in bad taste But it was ment to cheer me up. As for me no harm done I thought it was humorous. Can't any one take a joke these days. Sincerely Curtis

Fish Surgeon said:
mematrix said:
my killey had a strok/siezure

Post-seizure, the most important thing is to let the fish rest undisturbed and subdue the lighting. When I say "undisturbed" I mean don't even move them to a quarantine tank, I mean move everyone else out if it comes to that. There are medications available, although none "OTC" to the aquarium hobbyist.
:lol: Tanks for reply Fish Surgeon. Yes the lights were on was getting ready to feed. I already moved him. and he had one more seizure that morning as i was about to take pics to add to post. I thought may be parasitess and went to get some copper safe to treat tank with wen i got back he was dead. So who knows what caused it have brok down tank and completly cleaned even boiled gravel and put in hottest water from faucet no water trement or de-clor to kill every thing also had snails figured that would kill them. Don't worry not putting fish in till sat when I get new male for the widows. Sincerely Curtis

If the joke was in volation of the UA and caused this site to be LESS family friendly then NO we cant take a joke. The admins and advisors work very hard to keep this site at a level that it is at currently and any violation of the UA will have an action taken upon it if its a joke or not.

This topic belings in Site Help/Feedback and thats where its going.

Back
Top Bottom