10 gal new bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DieSeb

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just change the old incandecent bulbs for two 15w 6500k from lowes, trying to get better light for my 10 gal Tank

I have anacharis, Amazon sword, rotala indica, wisteria and one unknow plant. No CO2 and gravel substract

Before the change the plants were growing slow but green, now they seem to be growing faster but a lot of leaves are turning brown, mustly the wisteria, the Amazon sword and the unknown plant

Are those two bulbs too much light? Are they burning my plants? Or is it just lack of fertilizer? I added three tablets of fertilizer a couple of weeks ago

Thanks!

Can you dose with excel?? Mine did that before I started this...I have a lower watt bulb on my 10g and they grow better

What kind of bulb do you have?

I could try excel although it looks like too much light.

I was doing good Before i changed the bulbs :( . I think i'm taking out the amazon sword... It is really damaged

I just have one 15w 6700 on my 10g. Maybe try turning one of your lights off?? Also I dose all three tanks with excel about every other day and one bottle lasts me a little over a month:)

No fertilizer, just water changes 25% twice a week. I couple of weeks ago i added three root tabs (nitrogen, iron, soluble potash and phospate) didn't see any changes. This was Before i changed the light.
Should i keep the new bulbs adding more root tabs? Or better try with lower watts?

Back
Top Bottom