10 gallon starter reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

123spree

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Reefers! After a few years keeping freshwater I finally converted my original 10gallon tank to SW. I set it up and have literally added piece by piece for the last few months as my scrawny budget would allow. I am lucky enough to live so close to my favorite LFS I often walk there. I've become a daily visitor with my water tests- all the employees know my name now lol. I've found the hobby to be much easier than I expected it be and I love it. I already have plans to upgrade my tank size, just like everyone told me I would ?

My tank has been running with LR, LS and water purchased directly from the LFS (I mean for $0.53/gallon why would I even want to mix my own) for almost 2 months exactly. I have been adding pieces of coral since week 3 and have seen (what I think) is a lot of growth! I'm really excited about it. Here's my list:

Equipment:
regular old fluval aqua clear HOB filter 20-30gallons w/ 3 part bio filtration
Rio+ aqua pump 50 (for current)
Naval point 16-watt micro sun LED (super blue daylight, if this matters)
Aquatop 50 watt heater
Regular stick on side thermometer
SW and reef master test kits

10lbs live sand
+/- 12lbs LR

Stock:
3 x small red legged hermit crabs
1 x small blue legged hermie
2 x small nassarius snails
1 x lg Astraea snail

1 x pajama cardinal (juv)
1 x black oc. Clown (juv)

1 x Duncan coral
1 x large dendronephthya klunzingeri
3+ x blue mushroom (growing a lot)
1 x red and green mushroom?
1 x red and green blastomussa ?
1 x pink candy coral
1 x lg green star polyp
1 x anthelia glauca
1 x I have no clue, hard and sort of looks like a small folded piece of lettuce
Random feather coral or tube polyps growing on 1 piece of LR and hermit crab shell?

Obviously I love the coral but am no expert yet. Each piece was carefully chosen by me and only brought home if my LFS friends thought my tanks parameters would be good for it.

I would like to add a decorative cleaner shrimp but have no clue which would do best, be non-threatening to my corals and fish, etc.

I'd really appreciate any experienced reefers input- I want to make sure I'm doing this right!
Thanks!

Got any pics??? Sounds like a nice tank :). As far as shrimp skunk cleaners have a lot of personality!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm new to photobucket but I think I did this right!
image_zpsefkunolk.jpg.html

How's this tank doing? Updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom