120 tank on 2nd floor condo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spaz0177

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
its been set up for two months. Couldn't find answers from anyone. Talked to a couple of construction guys and they said it would be ok. Still worried. The beams are on 16" centers running parallel to tank. tank is against wall. whats your comment.

spaz0177 said:
its been set up for two months. Couldn't find answers from anyone. Talked to a couple of construction guys and they said it would be ok. Still worried. The beams are on 16" centers running parallel to tank. tank is against wall. whats your comment.

I live in a house and had my 125 set up on my second floor for about 8 months when I noticed my floor/ceiling was not able to bear the weight. Mine like yours was sitting parallel on the support beams against the wall. (our house has 3 beams running parallel for extra support) I noticed my cieling in my basement cracking and sagging under where the tank sat and had to move it just last week. The thing is I didn't notice it upstairs.

what a nightmare it was moving the tank and trying to save as much water as I could and get it done in a hurry, everything survived except some of the worms and baby critters living in the mucky sand in the very bottom that went to the shop vac and into the ditch :lol:

Back
Top Bottom