16 days to a cycled tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmpgop

Aquarium Advice Freak
And I did it again - I cycled a tank fishless, this time in 16 days - My 72 gallon bow front hit my YAY day today. Got up this morning and overnight (almost literally) my tritres had gone from 5ish, ammonia 0 yesterday morning to 0 trites 0 ammonia 80+ trates 8.4 ph today.

I did my 10 gallon in 14 days. Patience is worth it - it happens faster than expected really!

Today I'm doing my dosing to 4ppm test to be sure it is gone tomorrow. Then I'll do a water change - dose to 1ppm Saturday, test Sunday and if all tests good, I'm adding my fish (angel and gourami) from my 36 gallon.

Now - I'm a little gun shy to add fish as the last time I did with my 10 gallon, I got readings of .25 ammonia for about 10 days :( Good thing is - I can always move them back if I have to. BUT I am having faith.

Wish me luck!

Janelle

AquStockImage.php

Here is what I'm thinking about over the next month or so... Starting with the Pearl and the Angelfish as I already have them. Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom