:(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maestromad

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I did a pwc this morning due to slightly high nitrates (10-20), everything as normal after water change all fish happy and swimming about.
Come back 2 hours later my favourite fish fins up :( no sign of illness nothing, totally gutted.
Did a huge water change just incase but this time added .5ml of prime per 10L bucket rather than adding 3ml in the first bucket.
Now water is crystal everyone seems ok, well my trilined cories are racing around the tank chasing each other then taking rides in the bubble wands! And my peppers join in occasionally I've even noticed my ottos have fat tummys at last.
Only thing is I'm a bit paranoid as I'm away for two days and scared to leave the tank :(

Sorry about your fish. YOur levels are good so there doesn't seem like there's anything wrong. Fish die suddenly sometimes, it happens, can be a lot of reasons. I lost one the other day too and nothing was wrong with the tank either and I didn't notice anything wrong with the fish. You did another water change and added some extra prime and checked everything so that's about all you can do, that and just watch the rest for any signs of anything funny going on. Have you checked PH just to make sure there wasn't any sudden drops or changes? That's the only other thing I can think of.

I only have three test tubes after a cat incident! But I did check it last night and it's still 7.6. Just woke up and not looking forward to going downstairs lol

Back
Top Bottom