20 gallon setup from the ground up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ya I was thinking of just leaving the back off of it because it is gonna be against a wall anyways for the humidity issue but this is more or less a practice build for my corner tank that I plan on starting in a few months.. since I'm new to SW better off making mistakes at this level you know lol

Indeed if you are going to make them, how is the time to do it. As for the back being off, I think that will depend on how close to the wall its going to sit. You certainly don't want mold or salt creep all over you wall. I have seen similar sealed stands done successfully with a fan exhaust system set up inside them to pull the humidity out. In fact one I saw had a plant set next to the exhaust fan that thrived because of the humidity.

Ya if I enclosed it I was probably gonna rig up some pc fans that I got laying around (which ill have to get more then cause I know that ill have 2 fans in my canopy) but thanks for the advice though... on another note before I even start the plumbing would anyone have some advice on a good size sump.. I'm thinking about a 15 gallon setup

Man, that looks awesome. I wish I could build something other than a perfect sub : ). Looks good, I even liked it before the panels were added, but that might be my minimalist side.

RedFlame said:
Man, that looks awesome. I wish I could build something other than a perfect sub : ). Looks good, I even liked it before the panels were added, but that might be my minimalist side.

Thank you

What do you guys think about covering the glass seems with the corner trim... I think it'll give it a real simplistic look

It looks good, my only concern might be if it will take away a half an inch of viewing space. Its going along nicely, congrats.

*update* Went out and got some live and lace rock to start cycling while I work on building a sump for it... hopefully ill have the sump built and running in the next 2 weeks

*was referred to a little lfs about a half hour away from a co worker and it turns out to be the best lfs around... they've got live rock and corals on hand along with about 20-25 SW tanks..and not to mention about a foot and a half wide tortoise that just roams the shop haha

Wy Renegade said:
Looks nice, but attachment might be an issue, unless you're going to use glue.

It would be just a super tight fit between the canopy when I make it so I can just jam it in lol... I don't think I'm going to though but who knows.. if I do atleast I could just POP them in and out

Just found a deal on Craigslist today for a 24" coralife t5 lamp with extra bulbs brand new in the box for $50..needless to say I'm pumped lol.

So the tank is going on hold for another week or two due to my GFs Christmas present...guess it don't hurt to keep cycling my tank longer lol

Ok we need a name so far I'm stuck on Logan and ruxon...leaning more towards Logan as in wolverine

Back
Top Bottom