28 nano cube build!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soccerdude

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I recently came across a 28 gallon nano being thrown out in perfect shape! I've been looking to down size from my 46g so this came at the perfect time. I was wondering if anyone new of a place where I could get a cheap stand? I'm also looking for lighting suggestions, I would love LEDs but I'm on a tight budget. Any tips or suggestions on this conversion to the 28 would be greatly appreciated!

image-1284590267.jpg

image-983166770.jpg

What lighting do you have on the current setup? Your corals or fish should be acclimated to that light so i would use a similar lighting to prevent extra stress. If you cant upgrade than its fine but never down grade.

Thats actually a oceanic biocube 29 HQI(or it was). I have the same tank. I upgraded the lighting from the MH to the taotronics 120w dimmable because of heat issues. You should look for the filter compartment covers or your gonna have alot of evap. I would also scrape most of that dead algae off of the back panel and the filter compartment. If you have questions about how I did the mount for the LEDs pm me. I did it after setup so mine is mounted to the top edge of the back of the tank. I would say get a stand and mount it to the stand before you install the tank with 250lbs of water 50 lbs of LR and 25 lbs of sand like I did and can't get behind it. If you do it the way I did the mount pretty much has to be acrylic as having any type of metal in the tank is not a good thing

Back
Top Bottom