29g fish help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

L.bacchus88

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys, I'm just starting out with saltwater aquariums and I'm setting up a 29 gallon biocube. After cycling etc I plan on having the following fish in there: 2 occelaris clowns, 1 blue green chromis, 1 orange striped prawn goby, and I'm looking into a last fish (if that is appropriate) I was thinking possibly a royal gramma basslet, but still looking into other options. Do you think the fish that I already selected is a wise group choice? I was wondering about the chromis if he would be happy in there or if he's too big for the tank or would get picked on etc idk I'm just trying to figure out what would be the best combo. Thanks! Also, should I get a shrimp as one of my cleaning crew and what kind is best for that group of fish? Any advice in starting a new tank would be great, too. I'm a noob. Hahaha thanks!

I'd skip the chromis. They do better in groups. I would look towards the royal gamma or maybe even a chalk bass.
Skip the shrimp as part of the clean up crew. They don't do any 'cleaning up' and will need to be fed to survive.

Thanks for replying! Yeah, I was thinking I could put the chromis in first so it may not feel dominated. Lol but, I guess I'll look for another bright colored fish that would be compatible.

I have a skunk shrimp and a peppermint shrimp in my 30g neither really do much but eat up whatever I over fed that day. Don't add any chromis unless you plan to have 3 or more. Definitely a good suggestion from Sniperhank is the chalk bass mine has a great personality. Do you plan on adding any corals? You have to remember they require just as much attention and take up space which will reduce the amount of livestock you should have.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a 29g BioCube that I almost finishing setting up (added some of the fish). I have 2 Banggai Cardinals, a Blue Spotted Watchman Goby. I will add a pair of Ocellaris Clowns, Candy Cane Snapping Shrimp, a pair of Scarlet Skunk Cleaners, three Peppermint Shrimp, and a Pom Pom crab or two, a Bubble Tip Anemone. I recommend you do something similar to this, doing tons of research (and with help from people here at Aquarium Advice) I will recommend doing this stocking. The colors contrast each other nicely and they all fit together.
PM what you do I would you to know!
-Your friendly neighborhood Finnster. :fish2:

Back
Top Bottom