36 Gallon Tank help stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wizardofpeace

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone! I need some help stocking my 36 Gallon tank. I was thinkinh 2 angle fish 6 long finned zebra danio, 6 female guppies, and 4 cory catfish. My filter is an Aqua Clear Fluval Power Filter for 50 gallons. I'm also wondering if i should do half live plants half fake. Thanks for any help!:)

Angel fish may outgrow your tank or nip the fins of the other fish(especially slower guppies).
I would switch them for pearl gouramis.
Live plants all the way IMO!
Good luck and welcome!

I'd only do 1 angel. They can be aggressive once mature if kept in groups and not paired off. Then if you have a pair and they breed the aggression switches to the other tank inhabitants. 1 is just better overall. Other than that you look fine. If bump cories to 5.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Is there anyway i can keep the 2 angle fish? Would it be possible to add another small schooling fish, or would 1 medium sized fish fit with angle fish?

Ok thanks. Any tips for live plants?

Ahh live plants. They are lovely.

Here's some easy starters that will grow as long as you have a decent amount of light.

Not planted, tie to rocks or DW:
Anubias
Java Fern
Java moss

Hornwort- tie down or let it float.

Planted with root tabs:
Cryptocoryne species
Amazon swords

Planted:
Wisteria
Water sprite
Bacopa caroliniana
Ludwigia Repens

Hope this helps.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Thanks for all the help I've decided i will go with all live plants. I went with 2 angles, 6 Danios, 6 guppies, 5 cory, and since i still had about 20% left i decided to go with a small tetra ( havent decide yet, and yes i know neons, cardinals will be angle food if i buy them) i was thinking maybe 5 lemon tetra are something close to it.

Back
Top Bottom