45g stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jenema

Aquarium Advice Activist
Must include at least one of each of the following: angelfish, pearl gourami, and clown pleco. No small fish the angel could gobble up easily, no fin nippers, and no harlequins (already have them in a 29g). Ready, go!

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm actually not sure on that, hopefully someone else can answer that :)

I would do the gourami, some cherry barbs (they don't need to be in large groups), the plec, and maybe a group of kuhli loaches.

I think both gouramis and angels need to be in pairs with a male and a female.

I don't know about angels but other than sparkling I've always kept gouramis as singles. Only exception in my opinion would be if trying to breed.

You will not find a female gourami. Pet stores almost never sell them. And don't try getting 2 males.

Boesemani rainbows are cool, they like to be in schools of about 5 (They're not really small, they're a larger schooling fish).

Electric blue and German blue rams are also really cool, and do great in pairs.

True. I have never seen a female gourami. I definitely wouldn't get 2 males!
I figured rainbows would overstock the tank.
I might consider a pair of GBRs or Bolivians

Okay, I have decided to just go with a 55 gallon, a friend of my mom's has one they are trying to get rid of and they're selling it to me super cheap.
Anyway, stocking suggestions for a 55g with at least one angel and a pearl gourami?

You could do:

1 angel
1 pearl gourami
5 boesemani rainbows
2 German blue rams
1 twig farlowella

Back
Top Bottom