5 foot 120- what would YOU do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What about an African Cichlid tank with some nice bold color strains? ruby reds, german reds, elec blue hap, etc
I've been wanting to buy from you guys but the only thing you guys sell I can use is plants.
yes this is a selfish idea since my LFS is a petsmart/petco and the closest "fish" place does mainly SW :)

We've decided on a betta rescue and maybe a couple snails.

How does a beta rescue work?

I was being a bit dry. Betta "rescues" happen all the time for all the right reasons, but perpetuate themselves. People see a sad, pretty betta at a Mart or Co. They fall in love with it and have to have it. They "save"/buy it and the retailer reorders. If none were purchased, they'd quit stocking them fairly quickly. :facepalm:

Lol, I thought you were joking. I was just about to ask if you were serious, but then your post popped up.
But anyway, what is your plan?

Well.... we almost had a plan. A friend of ours has some Orange head tapajos geos. Which would fit the bill, but they are small so we're rethinking since we don't want to tie the tank up for a longterm growout project. We're probably going to pick some up to grow out in the fish room and may be looking for some adult geos.

Anyone happen to have experience keeping geos with mesonauta?

i would go with a livebearing community.
stock it with lots of mollies, platties, swordtails, guppies, and endlers.
its been proven that these fish can cross-breed as well, so it would be interesting to see what you could come up with. :)

djtypykuhl said:
i would go with a livebearing community.
stock it with lots of mollies, platties, swordtails, guppies, and endlers.
its been proven that these fish can cross-breed as well, so it would be interesting to see what you could come up with. :)

But there would be no demand, plus theyd crossbreed to make brown poop hahah

Back
Top Bottom