55 or 75 sump/fuge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waffle

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a spare 55 and 75... Which would be better for my 125 fowlr eventually converting to a reef..
55 pros
I have glass baffles to size and planned out the layout
55Cons
Small and skimmer has a large foot print
75 pros
More space for fuge and equipment
75 Cons
Tempered all around so no external return pump
No baffles

I'm trying to find that too. I was wondering if there is a proper ratio for sump gallons per reef tank gallons. I have 2 SW tanks and have a third tank that is a FW I'm thinking of switching to FOWLR.

Mrc you're right bigger the better but you forgot to mention the bigger the more expensive + I might just make the 75 a connected sw or just make a awesome fw planted

waffle said:
Mrc you're right bigger the better but you forgot to mention the bigger the more expensive + I might just make the 75 a connected sw or just make a awesome fw planted

All you asked was which would be better price is a whole other story lol but really in a sump the price difference would be minimal mainly just adding to the price for the extra 6" on each baffle

I ment better all around but you're right imma price out the baffles and price an internal rp

Back
Top Bottom