55g to 90 Week of Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fibreheart

Aquarium Advice Regular
Good Morning All!

So I have been cycling my 90gal for a week. I moved everything(water and filter media too) from my 6yrs old 55 into the 90 and added new stuff(rocks, fiter stones, sand) on top.

For the third day in a row my readings are ammonia 0, nitrites 0 nitrates 40-80 gh 160 kh 240 ph 8 temp 80.5 Nothing is changing. Up until 2 days ago I had 2 convicts in there to help seed and I had been seeding off my daughters 29g fiter

So I was wondering has my cycle stalled because I took out my convicts. Or is it ready to go.

Really, as I see it the only thing I'm cycling is my glass and filter walls.

Thank you all! You guys are awesome:kiss:

Well you added decorations so they need to build a beneficial bacteria on them. Did you use the old gravel or new one. It is best to swap everything over. You are now going to go through a mini cycle.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium

Sounds you brought over enough beneficial bacteria to handle it all. Makes complete sense. You are probably stunned because it actually was a proper and successful "migration." I'd wait a week and treat it likes it's ready during that time. Congrats on that if it is truly ready. Better knock on wood. :)

I would say your tank is cycled. Usually when you bring all your materials over from another tank within reasonable size you don't have go go through another cycle or mini cycle. Your levels all sound right so it sounds as if you new tank is ready to go. Adding the two fish may have made a mini cycle because of the new bioload but you didn't post the parameters for that so I don't know. That's what it sounds like though.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

When I first started 24hrs ammonia 2.5 nitrite 0 nitrate 200 The next my readings were ammonia .25 nitrites 1 and nitrates 180 and the third day was ammonia 0.25 nitrite 0-0.5 nitrate 100 and now the readings have been the same as I posted above. I hope this helps better. I have also been doing 25% PWC for the last 3 days.

Well you added decorations so they need to build a beneficial bacteria on them. Did you use the old gravel or new one. It is best to swap everything over. You are now going to go through a mini cycle.

Oh yes I brought over about 1/2 the sand from my 55 :)

To me sounds like you have a small mini cycle you should be ok in a week or so you did add NEW rocks stones and some new sand

Back
Top Bottom