$6.00 pond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lorihallfrisch

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had to pass on the 300 gallon stock tank pond, as i have just spent so much on fish the past 6 months I have to stop at some point.But I only kind of stopped, I had a 100 gallon stock tank I haven't used in about a year. While I was trying to figure out a pump and filter Ifound out My friend had an old pump/filter for a pool. It's just a nice small one. I made a filter out of an old plastic box( the kind chlorine tabs come in) I used some swimming pool tube I had around here. I even hooked the end of an aquarium siphoning tube to the end of the outlet tube so that I have a nice little bubble fountain. The 4 gold fish are in there now.Total cost? $6.00...for the scrubbies I added to the pool filter. I will try and get some pictures
It is only 100 gallons, but since I will be moving shortly it should be portable enough to move. I may dig it inground once we get to our house, I am so very exited about this. It has freed up a much needed 55 gallon tank. And I did it all alone for cheap.

Back
Top Bottom