60 gallon ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piratechest

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a school of barbs 7 in total. Green barbs, tiger barbs, and some albino tiger barbs. I want to up that school to about 20-25. What showcase fish would be a good idea. Pair of rams? Some cichlids? I'm open to any suggestion. Or maybe another school of fish? Thanks guys.

Tigers got their name from their appearance, but it should have been given to them for their aggression. You could go with smaller central or south american cichlids such as rams, rainbows, or maybe meekis-fire mouth. If you want something really odd and don't have a planted tank you you could get a Cherax Destructor crayfish. Electric blue and about 10". I would also add a med size pleco or raphial cats

Tigers got their name from their appearance, but it should have been given to them for their aggression. You could go with smaller central or south american cichlids such as rams, rainbows, or maybe meekis-fire mouth. If you want something really odd and don't have a planted tank you you could get a Cherax Destructor crayfish. Electric blue and about 10". I would also add a med size pleco or raphial cats
it is heavily planted. And my barbs are quite to themselves. I keep them with danios and mollies and they seem to get along well(no nipping or chasing) the barbs chase themselves. But it's always the big male doing the chasing. I have been into cichlids more than ever recently. Do you know of any really neat Type of cichlid? The blue rams so far are número 1 on my list.

I have pictus catfish with my tiger barbs. They are very interesting to watch. And they have beautiful patterns. I read that it's best to have 3.

Attachments

• image-1411524236.jpg
    image-1411524236.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 72
  • image-1995329714.jpg
    image-1995329714.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 65
I have pictus catfish with my tiger barbs. They are very interesting to watch. And they have beautiful patterns. I read that it's best to have 3.
what size tank do you hve? Is it planted? How many barbs do you have? All one species?

what size tank do you hve? Is it planted? How many barbs do you have? All one species?

I have a 30 gallon with 7 tiger barbs, all the same breed, and a few low light plants. I plan to move them to a 60 gallon soon.

Attachments

• image-2730837743.jpg
    image-2730837743.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 62
  • image-1998310463.jpg
    image-1998310463.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 63
I have a 30 gallon with 7 tiger barbs, all the same breed, and a few low light plants. I plan to move them to a 60 gallon soon.
What do you plan to use got a cleanup crew? Snails?

And I was wondering about the species because I have 3 different types, and I want 7 of each, and I'm kinda worried about them schooling within their own

What do you plan to use got a cleanup crew? Snails? And I was wondering about the species because I have 3 different types, and I want 7 of each, and I'm kinda worried about them schooling within their own

For clean up I will bro ably use bristle nosed pleco, and I have thought about getting snails when I set up the 60. I am told that the different types will school together, but I only have the one type.

Back
Top Bottom