72 gallon bowfront dimensions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gazingatstars12

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am building a stand for a tank I plan on purchasing soon. I just want to double check the measurements. Before I start cutting on the CNC machine.

I saw online somewhere that it is 48 inches wide. 12 inches deep on the side and bows out to 18 inches. Is this the glass measurement or the measurement for the plastic frame on the bottom? I'm going to be working with pretty tight tolerances so if anyone has one of these tanks and can measure for me it would be greatly appreciated

Ok I have a 72 bow front out in the garage for a future project. Mine 48 1/4 long, 12 7/8 deep on ends bowing to 18 inches. These measurements are with the trim.

Good thing I asked. I was about to build a stand with the wrong curve radius. You convinced me i need to get the tank and measure before I start cutting up the wood. Ordered it last night and it will be ready to pick up tomorrow hopefully. Thanks

Spot on with the measurements man, mine turned out to be exactly the same. Stand is currently halfway done. Just need to have my neighbor make the beadboard so I can cap the sides and build the doors

Back
Top Bottom