75 gallon set up improving aquascape advise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Src531

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone I’m looking for some advise to improve the aquascape of my new 75g.

Going to be a discus tank with some corys, rummynose tetras, and a bristlenose.
Plants will be java fern, java moss, amazon swords, Anubius nana, anubius nana petite, and a large anubius coffeefolia from another tank

Substrate soil capped with sand.
Dragon stone
Manzanita driftwood
Finnex planted 24/7 lighting
2 power heads for surface agitation
29g sump with UV sterilizer, aquatop submerged pump, biohome ultimate, sponges and filter floss, eshopps overflow
10580716-F573-41F5-99B5-D62296816862.jpg

203BAC53-FFE2-4E0E-B441-50D336F03389.jpg

Kidding. That's amazing. Nice work.

Haha thank you!! I like it so far I just want to know if I can do anything better. With my Set up also anything I could do better let me know! I’m all in on this tank I want it to be the best it can

Adding some plants?

I see them mentioned in your post but they are invisible atm. Lol

Adding some plants?

I see them mentioned in your post but they are invisible atm. Lol

Lol yes the mentioned plants should be going in next week. Some are transfers from old tank some are new

I've never had luck keeping plants in a discus tank because the warm water discus like the plants don't seem to like. But maybe that's just my black thumb. Good luck with your tank.

I've never had luck keeping plants in a discus tank because the warm water discus like the plants don't seem to like. But maybe that's just my black thumb. Good luck with your tank.

I’m hoping for the best trying to keep all easy low maintenance plants

Plants are in

Update plants are in

Attachments

• 0960462F-BBAA-4E3A-A619-8282FB483CFE.jpg
    0960462F-BBAA-4E3A-A619-8282FB483CFE.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 830
Those plants need to fill in and grow alot more befor you add discus

Won’t be adding discus for awhile. The other fish will probably go in the tank in about 2 months from now and then a few months after that the discus will go in.

Back
Top Bottom