75 gallon stocking advise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdude25

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, my 75 gallon is almost done fishless cycling, and I need some stocking advise.
Here is what I plan on having:
5 platies
18 cardinal tetras
14 harlequin rasboras
2 angelfish
5 cherry red shrimp
6 mystery snails
maybe 2 german blue rams?
So, does this look good? All suggestions are well appreciated!

:thanks:

fishdude25 said:
So, my 75 gallon is almost done fishless cycling, and I need some stocking advise.
Here is what I plan on having:
5 platies
18 cardinal tetras
14 harlequin rasboras
2 angelfish
5 cherry red shrimp
6 mystery snails
maybe 2 german blue rams?
So, does this look good? All suggestions are well appreciated!

IMO be careful with shrimp and angels/GBRs. They usually get eaten.

The rest looks fine. Just be careful with platies, once you give them water they start breeding crazy! I would think that your fish would pick off the babies though, if that was okay with you :)

IMO be careful with shrimp and angels/GBRs. They usually get eaten.

The rest looks fine. Just be careful with platies, once you give them water they start breeding crazy! I would think that your fish would pick off the babies though, if that was okay with you :)

I'm going to wait a few weeks to get the angels, then in a few months the GBRs, hopefully that will give the shrimp at least somewhat of a chance for survival. Yeah, it's ok w/ me if the platy babies get eaten, although I do have an extra 5 gallon that I might raise some fry in. Also, how hard is it to breed shrimp?

Also, could I get some cories? I really don't know what kind yet, so, what would you suggest?

Not a huge fan of HOB's, but with the load you have listed, you should be fine. And, I agree with the above comments.... You can try the shrimp, but I'd have to say they don't have the greatest of chances.

So, I got some fish today! I'm so happy about that! I got 12 harlequin rasboras, and 4 platies, and my little sister gave me her 2 mickeymouse platies! I wanted some cories, but I didn't like the ones my lfs had in stock (Long finned) very much.

Back
Top Bottom