75 Gallon tank stocking!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rtribe13

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! I recently was able to get a 75 gallon fish tank with stand, light and an Aquaclear 110 filter and I am going to be stocking it soon! I am trying to do a tropical community tank, and from my research and AqAdvisor I have come up with the following list of fish that I will stock in it.

1x King Tiger Pleco

20x Cardinal Tetras

2x Angelfish (Perhaps a breeding pair?)

5x German Blue Rams (2 males paired with 2 females and 1 third wheel female)

5x Panda Cory

7x Flame Tetra

6x Bleeding Heart Tetras
I will not be putting these all in at once obviously, but introducing ~6 fish every week or two to the community.

I have a few questions for these fish:

1) What substrate would be best? Sand or gravel
(If sand how do I clean it, I have only used gravel before)

2) I am looking to have live plants, any suggestions? I have heard Java Moss balls are good for Cardinal tetras.

3) Can I add any more fish to this tank, or will this max it out?

Thanks for any help you may give!

Also would the GBR be able to raise fry in this tank without the cory or pleco eating them? I would like for them to be able to raise fry, and I think the tetras should not bother them too much, however I have heard that catfish often eat fry.

Your angels might have a go at the fry as well.

My 75 has 2 pairs of Bolivian rams and one angel. I'd love to get another angel but I think I'm going to keep it single.

I only have 10 cardinal tetras but plan to increase that number. Same for my rummynose tetra.

I do have 3 male guppies that seem to be doing well in there also.

I believe I am going to be updating it to:

5x German Blue Ram

12x Bleeding Heart Tetra

2-3x Angelfish (2 if I can get a breeding pair)

20x Cardinal Tetras

6x Panda Cory

I am adding a second filter to help

Back
Top Bottom