80 Watts @ 6500K for $20 Bucks! Enjoy.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CompMage

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok you cheap people like me.

I was wondering around my local Wal-Marts, and found some 48" T12 6500K lights for 9.95, looked around and found a shop light for 7.95. And low and behold. 80Watts of light for under 20 bucks..

If you're looking to get some new lights check your Wal-Mart first. they were GE lights, I've used them in the past in well my shop area and they've always worked great for me. So good luck people.

The bulbs are kind of hard to find they don't normally stock them I'm guess, as I've not seen them there before. But I'm sure you can get this all at your local hardware store too.

Figured I would give yea all a heads up. Now all I need is to put in a brace so I can use a glass hood. But I've got a few large sheets of plexy glass that will take care of that.

I've found that Lowes often has a good selection of lights. They might not be all labeled by color temperature, so write down some names and check out the specs online before you buy.

I would avoid any light bulbs that don't list the temp. Most listed for "plants" should be fine, but I'm picky. Funny thing is, the same lights at a pet store or LFS are 17 - 20 each bulb. What a rip off.

::EDIT::
The lights I picked up from Walmart were made By GE listed for plants.

Back
Top Bottom