A question about my Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mickeyrom

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
He is in a 10 gallon tank and has started to hang around one corner at the surface.. He eats fine, and is able to swim in the rest of the tank, but he seems to act in a different way. I do water changes fairly often and the ammonia tests at 0. I have a filter and a heater. There are some live plants , some small snails and a decoration where he used to live in. Any thoughts?:angel:

Lol

;) your betta sounds like all of mine once they settle in. I have been raising and breeding betta for a while now and all of my males pick a spot near the surface once they feel like it is their tank. They tend to patrol the tank for the first couple of days to make sure that there isn't any other inhabitants in the tank that challenges their 'authority'. Mine have a tendency of sleeping on top of internal filters or on surface plants- often appearing dead.
If everything is normal in your tank and there's heating and filtration chances are he's just being a lazy betta. Just look up lazy betta pictures and I bet you'll find there's nothing wrong with him.

Congrats on ur little buddy and best wishes.

Thank you, but he is not new to us. He has been with us for some time. We did change tanks though, maybe a couple of months ago. Before that he lived in a 4 Gal tank. Perhaps as long as he has a good appetite, I should not worry.(does no good anyway):angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom