About My CO2 System Reactor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefman

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just build a CO2 Reactor I have a couple of questions about it.

1. I used for the main source two bottle of soda how much sugar and I totally forgot the name of this product that is use to make cakes and bread, I would like to know how much of sugar and this product should I use in the bottle of soda fill with water.

2. and my second question is, what kind of natural plants should I buy.

Here is some pics of my reactor.

Attachments

• DSCF0041.jpg
    DSCF0041.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCF0044.jpg
    DSCF0044.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 56
you are looking at 2 cups of sugar and 1/2 tsp of yeast for each 2lt bottle

1. Yeast is the product you are looking for. I used 2 cups of sugar and a 1/4 tsp of yeast per mix 2L mix.

2. How much light do you have and what size tank?

I haven't got any light yet. any advice of what kind of light should I get, and my tank is 46g.

First off you're almost certainly going to need more bottles for CO2 generation. Either a total of 4-5 2 Liter Bottles, or 2-3 1 Gallon bottles. With a 46 gallon aquarium, it's going to be very difficult to maintain good CO2 levels (30+ppm).

What are your plans for the aquarium? Since you've got CO2 setup, I'm guessing you're going for a high light setup that will grow anything that you want? If so, then you'll probably be looking for a fixture that will provide you approximately 138 watts.

Can anybody tell me what kind of plants should I buy for my tank and also what tipe of light should be good too?

Plants and lights, those are things that come down to what YOU want. I can't tell you how you want your tank setup or what type of scape you want.

We need to know what you want out of this before giving you a better idea as to what to buy.

Back
Top Bottom