add another koralia 425 or just upgrade the pump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwaenz

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have BC14 with 14lbs of LR, it seems i have a dead spot on the rear part of my cube. I was thinking of adding another koralia 425 or just replace the stock pump with maxi-jet 600/900. cant decide on which one to buy?

My return pump right now is equipped with a hydor flow deflector, so it kinda reduced the flow of the stock pump. Any ideas anyone?

yea, nothing happen when i did it too. the mid rear part is like a dumping site. tried different positions for the koralia 425, it reaches it but not that strong to sweep the debris. :\

Usually I'd say add that extra powerhead but the tank is so small I don't think you want more equipment in it. I have been thinking of upgrading my return as well. You can get the pump for like $20 or so so it's not a huge investment. I just wish they had more output options on the biocube, I have a kinda dead spot too underneath the stock output nozzle. Alot can depend on where you have your rock too so consider that as well.

yea i also have that dead spot too. I've been thinking of adding another powerhead but like you've it'll make he tank crowded. A maxijet 900(247GPH) is @ $27 and koralia 425 is @ $26. I'm kinda unsure if having 2 koralia 425 would annoy my livestocks.

i picked koralia 425 instead since its only 3.5w compared to maxijet w/c is 10w. lol

Back
Top Bottom