Adding Texas Holey Rock to my Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gobluewolverines4

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey y'all, just got back from a trip to the deer lease(y), and brought me back some Texas holy rock because I figured it would look good in my 55 gallon and I need some more hard scape..
Well anyways, I begun to think about it and it will mess with my pH if I'm correct.
So I got home and used my master test kit to test my pH and wow!
A pH of about 8.2, both out of the tap and my tank.
So my question is, will I be allowed to add my couple of pretty good sized pieces of Texas holey rock to my aquarium?
My current stock is 2 angel fish, 4 Rosie barbs, 4 red eyed tetras, 2 corydoras (I know, I need more) and an albino bristlenose.

Any help is much appreciated.

I can only help with my experience. I have a 125 and put 80 pounds of holey rock in my tank initially. When I originally put it in my ph was at 7.8. Within 2 days I was At 8.6. I took out 40 lbs and added some drift wood. It has stablized now at 7.8. I don't know that the driftwood really helped as I was told it will just break down the minerals faster, not necessarily counter the holy rock. Hope this helps a little and good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom