Ah-haaaa! Busted!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lardeelion

Aquarium Advice Freak
Couldn't figure out where my algae was coming from.

Went downstairs last night for a midnight snack. There was my husband at his desk, programming by the light of my aquarium. He's a night owl and he's been working on an app for hours each night.

Me: What are you doing?
Him: Working.
Me: Do you turn on my tank lights every night?
Him: Uh, yeah.
Me: For how long?
Him: Uh.....

Tell him not to touch pets that aren't his without your permission. But that is funny. Maybe you could just have the light on at night so he can use it

My hubby does the same thing with our bow front tank if he cnt sleep he says the fish light is jus bright enough n not to bright. I had algee growing under the light thing on the clear plastic part of hood. N thought it was my kids using as a light to walk to bathroom but nope i caught him red handed. N the worse part is he forgets turn it off :-(

Hahaa.. OUCH! what the #@&#!
I've caught the wife doin the same thing with the tank in the bedroom. The only time she goes near em is to turn the lites on. :errrr:

Glad you found the source. More interesting than a dead fish.

Anyhow, if your power strip is located in a cabinet under the tank, put a timer there. And then put a mouse trap over the timer. Not a deterrent but hopefully will make it more challenging to flip it on and off. Jk :) of course

Perhaps you can get a USB powered light. Great for laptops.

He's been given a thorough verbal arse-kicking and has promised never to do it again and have me several "Yes, dear"s, just to stick it to me.

I like the mousetrap idea. I should put him on algae scraping duty.

Why don't you get a little LED Moonlight for the tank so he can have that on without causing an algae issue.

The mouse trap reminds me of when my girlfriend in our younger years used to make her husband lunch. One day he comes home and says "you know I like alot of bologna on my sandwich and I only got two pieces today". She said nothing and the next day he comes home from work and says "point taken!" She made his sandwich with no bologna. I think the mouse trap would be "point taken" moment too!

Back
Top Bottom