Aiptasia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone around a genetics genius? Perhaps someone can create an Aiptasia - ich - bubble algae - *insert pest here* eating tang that is not aggressive towards other fish/coral and thrives in tanks 10 gallons and larger with poor water quality.

:D

I have a little aptasia that I have used joes juice, aptasia x, boiling water and vinegar. Still this thing comes back. It is small but tough.

I have a little aptasia that I have used joes juice, aptasia x, boiling water and vinegar. Still this thing comes back. It is small but tough.

Mix up a paste of kalkwasser and water (RO/DI or saltwater). Use a syringe - without the needle - and suck up a 5 ml or so of the paste. Turn off your pumps/powerhead and let the current die down in the tank. Using the syringe, plop a liberal amount of the kalk paste onto the aiptasia... if it's small don't be afraid to just cover it up. You will probably never see it again.

Do NOT get the kalk paste on any corals or polyps you want to stay alive. It WILL kill whatever it touches, but is totally reef safe to have little blobs of the stuff in your tank.

aptasia X works if done properly.. (Slowly) im still getting some back but in different places.. keep at it and you will win one day.

I take some water from the tank, nuke it to boiling and squirt the aptasia until gone...Make sure it isn't around any corals...works very well!

Back
Top Bottom